Camden Hire - Corporate Profile
Camden Hire has grown from humble beginnings in 1984 to an operation that now services the greater metropolitan Sydney and beyond, employing over 70 people and comprising an enormous range of equipment.
Camden Hire’s customers include many household names in the building, excavation, landscape and development industries together with our valued DIY and household customers.
Company founder Mike Scarce puts the success of the company down to a willingness to deliver genuine customer service to its full range of customers and being prepared to take the extra steps to meet customer’s expectations wherever possible.
Applying this philosophy has seen the company grow from:
- Initial premises in Oxley Street Camden, manufacturing trailers and hiring out his own equipment (circa 1984)
The hire aspect soon out shone the manufacturing and became the sole focus of the Company.
- Relocation of the Company to larger more modern premises in the Downtown Estate in Camden (circa 1986)
This enabled the business to grow both in terms of clients & equipment and allowed further diversification into more specialised equipment.
- 1988 saw the Company make its first business acquisition, a Party- Events business located in Ingleburn.
Capacity to handle a wider range of events from the backyard to significant events eventually lead to Camden Hire being voted the best Party and Event Company in Australia (circa 2005).
- Over the next decade the business continued to expand its range of equipment and services. Eventually leading the company to relocate again to a purpose built facility located on Narellan Road, Smeaton Grange (circa 1997).
- 2006 saw the Company receive a National Award, from the Hire and Rental Industry Association (HRIA), as Rental Company of the Year Award - over $3 Million.
Camden Hire was now competing with the big industry players and earning a reputation for service across Sydney and beyond.
- 2008 saw the introduction of its Casula Branch and in 2012 we purchased Hurricane Hire, another Liverpool region business to add volume to our operation.
Casula can now offer the full range of equipment available from the Narellan store.
- Acquisition of Wollondilly Access Hire in 2011 also bolstered our customer base and range of equipment available in the specialised area of Access solutions.
- Further premises on Narellan Road were secured in 2013 to create a new Showroom for our Events and Party Division together with our Access team.
- A specialised All Terrain Site Dumper business Kenna Contract Hire was also acquired in 2014. This again adds further flexibility to our fleet of machinery available to customers.
Each new growth phase has been underpinned by reinforcing the Camden Hire philosophy;
“Through excellent service and quality product range, customers can be assured that they are in good hands at Camden Hire “
This is underpinned by having a quality team in place on both the operations and management side of the Company.
Our key people are highly knowledgeable and motivated to give you a good experience.
At Camden Hire you get the benefit of a family run business that cares while still having a very organised and professional operation.
We hope you will continue our journey with us beyond our 30th birthday in 2014 as the story grows and we continue to evolve.
Please don’t let the name fool you we are proud of Camden but a majority of our work is from servicing customers all over the Sydney Metropolitan area and beyond